Monday, May 31, 2010

Shop For Canine Cooler Bed - Medium: (24" x 36")


My Border Collie cross is a high energy, heat machine. She burns more energy sleeping than most dogs burn at a full run.

That said, she loves a cool surface. I was concerned for her sleeping on our stone foyer tile, as it is too shiny (GOT to replace that stuff with something less slick) and at 15 she is too old to be losing her footing trying to get up. So this mat seemed like a 'good idea' (tm).

She was skeptical at first, but being a willing creature, I told her to lie on it, and stay - after 5 minutes of staring at me like I was the anti-Christ, her expression changed to delight (that dog smiles. Really.) It is her favorite place to lay down now. It is against an outer wall on tile, that is laid over a cement slab. It gets COLD - it is 26 degrees outside and I just measured the temperature of the mat at 54 degrees (It gets COLD in that foyer!). Perfect for her, she is in full sprawl. (If you don't have a Raytek MiniTemp 'gun', get one, they are terrific!)

As to leaks - haven't seen any yet, but I keep her nails fairly short (they don't touch the floor) and she doesn't abuse it. She's only 64#, so not actually a large dog. Also, I don't overfill it, just enough water to surround her, not necessarily float her. I have had to add a couple of quarts of water over the past year, so the water is going SOMEWHERE, but I don't see any leaks or telltale mold under it.

I'll report back if it develops leaks, but a far as I am concerned, we've gotten our money's worth - and if it does spring a leak, I'll get another one. That dog has always given us her 'all', it is the least I can do for her.Get more detail about Canine Cooler Bed - Medium: (24" x 36").

No comments:

Post a Comment