Saturday, May 15, 2010

Molly Mutt Dog Bed Duvet, Perfect Afternoon, Medium Top Quality


We are waiting anxiously for our WPG to be big enough to come home. I'm preparing the house, puppy proofing, and checking out crates. This bed really appealed to me because I've owned the cedar stuffed/plaid/fleecy kinds of beds before with my prior best friend, a standard schnauzer (RIP, sweet old pal!) and now that we are finally ready for another dog in our life, and because I'm more eco-conscious, I'm ready for something a little different bed-wise. I bought this based on reviews, and because I was not liking the "normal" beds available through costco, petsmart, or even amazon. I've seriously owned a lot of dog beds, and I am DEFINITELY impressed with the quality of this cover. Hopefully, the zipper doesn't break or anything to change my mind!! Even if it does, though, I bought the mesh insert that you stuff first.

This is a high-quality canvas duck tough cover. You stuff it with your old jeans, worn out sheets, old dry towels, you name it. Instead of ripping up a bunch of stuff for rags, or sending it off to Goodwill, you can stuff a lot of it into the handy mesh stuff bag (sold separately) and then push it all into this darling cover. $25 plus $14 for the stuff sack, and that's MUCH less than I paid for the cedar plaid fleecy beds that I used to buy. Not only that, those beds all fell apart or left a lot of dust because they weren't washable. I already have the old clothes and some old Ikea sheets I cannot stand to sleep on anymore!

So, the way I've been told to use this new type of bed if you have a puppy coming: stuff it with recently worn/old clothes, recently slept in/old worn out sheets and blankets. This helps the puppy become really accustomed to your family's scents, and calms him. Now I need to find a crate mat that is as great.

The sacks will hold a LOT, this medium sized cover is quite large, as most people are stating in their own reviews. The canvas cover is washable (I got the red one with the bird, so adorable in real life! Definitely a wash on cold separately item.) And if you dump everything into a washing machine that's inside the mesh, you've got a fresh clean bed for your exhausted doggy! I already love this, and I'm still 4 weeks away from bringing home our new darling. Cannot WAIT!Get more detail about Molly Mutt Dog Bed Duvet, Perfect Afternoon, Medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment